Aerial photograph of Armagh c1927
The centre of Armagh City, in 1927, as photographed by H.H. Ellison,
the son of
the sixth Director. Note the prominent position of the Church of Ireland
Cathedral and the surrounding, circular street pattern. The Cathedral lies on
the top of an isolated outcrop of sandstone conglomerate that has been
the site of various important structures since the neolithic era.
Last Revised: 2010 February 22nd